This festive season, gift your better half/brother/dad or even a good friend the gift of good skin with our men’s luxury skincare gift set.
A gift from the heart is the best gift. Get your loved ones on the path to self love and skincare with Brahmi’s thoughtful products.
Million dollar question: Can men use Ayurvedic skincare?
Absolutely yes. Whether you’re faced with acne issues, dry skin or simply understand that good skincare goes a long way, Ayurvedic skincare is for you. Ayurvedic ingredients are safe and our formulation makes it easy to use and fuss-free, just how the gents like it.
Essential products for best men’s skincare routine
Skincare for men has to be simple. A guy may not be down for a 10-step beauty treatment but he sure can be coaxed into a simple 2 step routine.
Two essentially ingredients we recommend for men:
- Face cleanser
Cleansing is the basis of beautiful, healthy skin. It’s the first step and there can be no compromise on a thorough face cleanse. Most face washes in the market strip skin of oils, making you feel clean, but leaves skin dry and prone to microbes. Our balanced Brahmi face cleansers come in three variants. Rose and Tulsi face cleanser for dry skin, Vetiver and Apricot Cleanser for oily skin and Neem and Green Tea cleanser for sensitive/combination skin.
Specially formulated for vata, pitta and kapha skin types gently wash the face making it a non-negotiable pick for skincare.
- Face Oil
Our Best selling Face oil acts as a powerful moisturizer and nourishing treatment for the face. It is also super-easy to apply and powered by Ayurvedic goodness. Our face oil range based on your dosha:
- Ultimate hydrating Face oil for Vata or Dry skin enriched with Sunflower seed oil, Sesame seed oil, Olive Oil, & Mulethi Oil to revive dry, parched skin.
- Soothing face oil for Pitta or Combination skin with mild ingredients including Almond oil, Jasmine Flower Extract & Ashwagandha Root Extract.
- Purifying face oil for Kapha or Oily skin with the gentle goodness of Lotus Seed Extract, Saffron Flower Extract, & Brahmi Herb Extract.
Simple & effective men’s skincare routine for your dosha
Let’s find out how men can take care of their skin based on their dosha.
Let’s start with the kapha dosha.
Kapha or oily or skin types tend to have an exaggerated production of sebum. This results in accumulation of dirt which, in turn can cause pimples and eruptions on skin.
Here’s a simple everyday men’s skincare routine for oily skin
- Use a good cleanser to remove dirt and excess oil.
- Exfoliate skin with a good face scrub like Brahmi’s oily skin face scrub with natural ingredients like gram flour, brahmi extract and neem seed oil.
- Use a mild moisturizer. Even for oily skin, a moisturizer is essential.
- Use an ubtan or sandalwood powder mask weekly to remove clogged dirt and enhance complexion.
- Use a water-based shaving cream if you shave frequently.
- Let’s talk about men’s skincare routine for dry skin
Dry skin needs care
Dry skin or vata dosha skin type has to be dealt with care, as they tend to have fine lines and wrinkles faster. Here are some quick tips to care for parched skin
- Choose your cleanser carefully. An organic cleanser like Brahmi’s Rose and Tulsi face cleanser for dry skin helps reestablish skin oil balance.
- Exfoliate your skin only as required. Frequent exfoliation can dry out your skin therefore only do it once a week or twice a month.
- Moisturizer is your best friend. For the winter months especially, invest in a heavy moisturizer or a moisturizer and face oil combo to seal in the water.
- Weekly deep mask for enhanced hydration.
- Moving on to men’s skincare routine for combination skin
The tricky combination skin
Combination skin is a little tricky, as your T-zone may be oily, while the rest of your face may be dry or normal.
- Cleanse your face with special attention to the oily T-zone.
- Hydrate with a water based moisturizer as oil based ones may clog your pores.
- The T-zone is most prone to dirt deposits and acne, therefore gentle exfoliation is an effective remedy to reduce acne.
Today, Ayurveda is the best natural skin care for men. If you’re thinking of gifting this season, we definitely recommend trying out our Morning Ritual Box or Night Ritual Box.